|Plant Height||18 inch (46 cm)|
|Plant Spread||4 inch (10 cm)|
|Common Name||Roystonea Regia, Royal palm, Cuban Royal Palm|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 80 feet|
|Bloom Time||Late summer|
Planting And Care
- Give royal palms fertilizer specially formulated for palm trees.
- It should have a ratio of 8-2-12-4Mg with micronutrients.
- The nitrogen should be in the form of resin-coated urea or ammonium salts, urea-formaldehyde or sulfur-coated urea.
- The potassium should be in the form of sulfur-coated potassium sulfate and the magnesium should be prilled kieserite.
- The micronutrients should be manganese sulfate, iron chelate, and slow-release boron.
Royal Palm Care
Plant royals no closer to the house than 8 feet to allow room for the fronds to spread out and not be damaged by touching walls. You want to come out with enough distance that falling fronds don t damage anything (including people) underneath.
Space these palms 8 to 10 feet apart when planting in a row. This palm is too big for growing in a container.
|Sunlight||It will take partial shade but is happiest in full sun.|
|Soil||Topsoil or organic peat moss as a soil.|
|Temperature||30 to 40 degrees Celsius|
|Fertilizer||Apply organic fertilizers|
Royal Palm Special Feature
The seed is used as a source of oil and for livestock feed. Leaves are used for thatching and the wood for construction.
Royal Palm Uses
- Royal palm is one the best avenue tree mainly used to decorate the roadside, highways, and pathway